Personal Information Protection Policy
1. Basic Policy regarding the Protection of Personal Information
DHR has a strong awareness of the importance of the protection of personal information. Accordingly, DHR complies with the Personal Information Protection Act and other laws and regulations and the guidelines from competent authorities related to the protection of personal information, and endeavors to appropriately handle and protect personal information.
In handling personal information, DHR complies with the following matters:
- DHR shall not obtain personal information through deception or other wrongful means;
- DHR shall not, without your consent, handle any personal information it has obtained beyond the scope of the purposes of use specified in advance, unless permitted by law;
- DHR shall not, without your consent, provide to any third party any personal information it has obtained, unless permitted by law;
- DHR shall make efforts to keep personal information it has obtained accurate and current to the extent necessary to achieve the purposes of use; and
- DHR shall take necessary and appropriate measures to prevent divulgence, loss, or damage of personal information it has obtained and to manage the safety of personal information.
2. Obtaining Personal Information
DHR shall obtain personal information in a legal and appropriate manner to the extent necessary to achieve the purposes of use described in Item 3 below. Further, prior to obtaining personal information, DHR shall state the purposes of use of that personal information on its website or by other means and if DHR receives personal information directly from you in writing or through a webpage or other means, DHR shall specify the purposes of use of that personal information in advance. If, however, the purposes of use of personal information are obvious from the circumstances at the time that personal information is obtained or are otherwise pursuant to laws and regulations, DHR may omit to specify the purposes of use of that personal information.
3. Purposes of Use of Personal Information
DHR shall handle personal information only to the extent necessary for the following purposes of use. DHR shall promptly state the details of any change to the purpose of use:
- To exercise rights and perform obligations under the Act on Investment Trusts and Investment Corporations (the "Investment Trust Act") and other laws and regulations and other rules applicable to DHR;
- For DHR’s acquisition, sale, leasing and management of properties (including real estate pertaining to trust beneficiary interests; the same hereafter) and the examination, consideration, etc. concerning such (including identification, credit check, rights relations research, etc.);
- To collect rent, repay leasehold deposits and engage in other leasing services for the properties that are or were held by DHR;
- To provide information on business operations to DHR's unitholders (the "Unitholders");
- To handle businesses concerning the exercise of the rights of the Unitholders and performance of the obligations of DHR prescribed in the laws and regulations and other rules applicable to DHR, such as sending asset management reports, convocation notices of general meetings of unitholders, and dividend payment notices to the Unitholders;
- To prepare unitholders registry and other data pursuant to the Investment Trust Act and other laws, regulations and rules applicable to DHR and to manage Unitholders by using the prepared unitholders registry and other data of DHR;
- To respond to inquiries or requests for documents, etc. from potential purchasers of the securities issued by DHR;
- To issue investment corporation bonds and offer investment units of DHR;
- To borrow funds on behalf of DHR;
- To respond to inquiries from the Unitholders;
- To carry out account settlements and other businesses pertaining to accounting and tax matters of DHR; and
- To carry out any services incidental or related to any of the above items.
Regardless of the above, specific personal information shall be used only when it is necessary to complete procedures for affairs related to the individual number defined under the Number Use Act and other procedures or to achieve purposes permitted by laws and regulations.
4. Provision and Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
DHR shall not provide or disclose to any third party any personal information it holds unless:
- You consent to that provision or disclosure in writing;
- It is required to provide or disclose personal information by laws and regulations;
- It is necessary to provide or disclose personal information for the purpose of protecting life, body or property and it is difficult to obtain your consent;
- It is particularly necessary to provide or disclose personal information for the purpose of improvement of public health or promotion of sound development of children and it is difficult to obtain your consent;
- It is necessary to cooperate with a national governmental organ or a local government or its delegate which performs the affairs stipulated by laws and regulations, and it is likely to impede the performance of affairs to obtain your consent;
- DHR provides personal information to the service providers (including Daiwa House Asset Management Co., Ltd.) under the supervision of DHR to the extent reasonably necessary to achieve the purposes of use;
- DHR provides or discloses personal information in a condition such as statistical data in which it is impossible to identify you; or
- Otherwise permitted to provide or disclose personal information under the Personal Information Protection Act.
Regardless of the above, specific personal information collected, used, stored in accordance with the Number Use Act shall not be provided to third parties, with or without the consent of the concerned individuals, except when required by laws and regulations.
5. Proper Management of Personal Information
DHR shall endeavor to keep personal information it has obtained accurate and current to the extent possible, and shall endeavor to properly manage personal information by taking necessary and appropriate measures to prevent divulgence, loss, damage, destruction, misuse, modification, etc. of personal information and to manage safety of personal information. Further, as a registered investment corporation, DHR delegates asset management services and general administration services under the Investment Trust Act, but DHR shall conduct necessary and appropriate supervision of its service providers by striving to make strict safety management measures a requirement of its service providers and taking other measures to prevent divulgence, loss, damage, destruction, misuse, modification, etc. of personal information that you provide.
6. Disclosure, etc. of Personal Information
7. Contact Details
Inquiries are accepted from 9 am to 6 pm on weekdays.
|Name||Administration and Accounting Department
Daiwa House Asset Management Co., Ltd.
|Address||7th Floor, Nissei Nagatacho Building, 2-4-8, Nagatacho,
Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-0014
|Transfer Agent||Stock Transfer Agency Business Planning Department
Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank, Limited
|Address||2-8-4, Izumi, Suginami-ku, Tokyo 168-0063|
|Telephone||0120-782-031 (toll-free within Japan only)
(9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays)
8. Ongoing Improvement of Framework for the Protection of Personal Information